Thursday, March 12, 2009

Grandma, Grandpa and Gregory


Here they are all ready to enjoy an outing in the summer heat. I had so much fun with these dolls. I purposely made their feet oversized. It gives them some more stability but also is just fun and different. The grandparents have droopier bodies than someone younger might have and Grandma is just a bit stooped over. Grandpa has a "comb over" because he doesn't want to admit he's bald on top. Gregory has curls like Grandma but looks a bit like his Grandpa. I am really pleased with the way these dolls turned out. What do you think?

4 comments:

MiniKat said...

They are adorable! I love Gregory's orange shoes. They match his hair quite well. And Grandpa reminds me of my dad (he's 89) with the black dress socks and sandles. Too cute!

De said...

Thank you! I was thinking of my father-in-law who is 88 with the socks and sandals. :-)

MiniKat said...

I will never understand why they do that. When Dad would visit me in the dorms in college he had started doing that out of the blue. I was mortified. (Dad's 60 years older than me, so that made growing up... interesting.) Now I just snicker.

Now that I think about it... the shorts look like a pair of my dad's too. hehe

Anonymous said...

Your new family is great De.Gramma has got a pretty good shape for a woman her age. They look like a family that exercises regularly. (My husband also insists on wearing sandles over socks! He thinks there is nothing wrong with it.)