Friday, June 19, 2009

I'm home and I had some time for minis!




I love how this spaghetti dinner for four turned out. This is my second attempt at spaghetti. The first was for a swap and the overall effect was ok but my noodles were too large. This time I used cotton crochet thread dipped in glue. The meatballs are made from polymer clay and the sauce is Gallery Glass paint in several colors mixed together. I sprinkled crushed herbs over the top. The plates were made from the seals out of milk and juice cartons. I used a blue floral wallpaper sample for the plates and the canisters. The canisters were made using Casey's tutorial. The colors remind me of my favorite aunt's kitchen when I was a child. She decorated it in a blue willow pattern. Blue is not usually one of the colors I decorate with but I love the crispness of the blue and white combination.

4 comments:

Kathi said...

Fasinating! Plates from milk seals?! I've been throwing them away for years! Your spaghetti looks yummy! Cotton thread and glue huh? I love it!
Your blog is great! Thanks for telling how you do this!
I'm new to minis but hooked already!
Blessings, Kathi

Anonymous said...

The thread dipped in glue is a fantastic idea, it turned out beautifully :D I'm horrible at making super thin clay logs so this is something I'll definitely have to try. Those canisters are gorgeous!

Katie said...

I love it!! The canisters are very pretty.....But the spaghetti is awesome! It's something I gotta try oneday too!!

De said...

Thanks ladies!