Saturday, October 10, 2009

Mini quilt, ala Casey

The first time I alternated navy and green, every other one. That made a striped effect that I didn't want. So I tried again with two navy, two green. I like the resulting pattern much better. This is a great way to use up old bias tape or woven ribbon. I had some of each on hand from one of my mom's craft supply sorting sessions. I tend to get what she no longer wants or needs. :0) I like the blues and greens in the quilt. I'm not sure what I'm going to use for the backing fabric yet. I need to raid the fabric drawers to see what I can find. I'll post photos of the finished quilt.

6 comments:

Kathi said...

Very pretty. Job well done!

DLSarmywife said...

Great looking quilt! I am definitely gonna have to give Casey's tutorial a try!

Deni said...

That looks super I luv it!
Great Job!
Im still trying to catch up with the real house right now!
Visitors coming tomorrow
I wanna mini!!!!!I wanna make a quilt!

dalesdreams said...

De, that looks great! :)

Can't wait to see the finished product.

If you use three ribbons, they stagger and become a completely different pattern.

You can really have a lot of fun with this techinique. :)

Caseymini said...

De, if you go three in a strip going one way, you will get a nine patch. Keep up the good work! I will be interested to see what you come up with.

De said...

Thanks everyone! I'll try the three on the next one. Thank you Dale and Casey for that tip.