Monday, November 30, 2009

Simple candy canes

And I do mean simple. As you can see, I started with striped paperclips. The container I bought has many different colors but the red and green ones work best for Christmas. (Although, since my kids don't like peppermint, there are always multiple colors of candy canes on my tree.) I used heavy duty scissors to cut the clips but a wire cutter works as well or better. The big end of the clip can also be cut into canes. It just requires a bit more work to get a smaller hook. I didn't have my regular tools out when I made these.

They look great hanging on a Christmas tree, in a jar, or just lying on the kitchen counter. Have fun!

4 comments:

DLSarmywife said...

Awww those are too adorable! Must try to get out to the office supply store this week! =D

Mercedes Spencer @ Liberty Biberty said...

What a great idea De!
Mercedes

Kathi said...

What a wonderful idea! I'm going to Office Depot later today. I'm going to look for some of these!
Thanks for sharing this!

De said...

Thank you! For the US shoppers, Walmart carries these paperclips, too. Probably less expensive than an office supply store.