Monday, January 18, 2010

Thanks for the ideas!

So here's the finished piece all ready to list in my shop. I added the cutting board with cheese, grapes and a knife; the small blue water jug; and the fern planted in a basket. The cheese and jug were made from polymer clay. The grapes came from a fake plant. The basket was made with a circle of wood for the base, aida cloth for the woven part, and cording for the handle and trim. I stained the finished basket with oak stain and planted some plastic fern leaves in it. I could add more but I will leave it as is for the customer to embellish if he/she wishes.

5 comments:

TreeFeathers said...

Parfait! ;) That turned out great, good job! I really love the basket you made for the plant, it looks so real, who would guess that it's Aida cloth?

- Grace

De said...

Thanks, Grace! It was really easy, too. That's my favorite kind of project. :-)

Mercedes Spencer @ Liberty Biberty said...

De, the hutch looks fantastic!
Mercedes

Kim said...

It looks great De- you work magic on those hutches!

De said...

Thank you, ladies!