Friday, March 26, 2010

Cleaning, laundry AND minis!

Yes, it's true. I swept and mopped the main living areas, finished the laundry and had time to mini. All before 3:00 pm! The quarter scale townhouse is finished except for artwork and little (and I do mean little!) accessories. This first photo shows the parlor. The rug is a piece of woven ribbon. The sofa was made from a piece of potpourri and beads with a little paint. The low table is just a cut down version of the larger dining table. The fern is bits of moss planted in a tiny plastic cup. Everything else was used pretty much as it came out of the package.
I painted the stove a flat black - the brown plastic just didn't cut it, lol. I painted the pump handle black but I think I want to use a bit of metallic paint on the pump itself.
I changed the bedding, added a cushion to the chair and cut the bowl down a bit in the pitcher/bowl set.
Again, I used this stuff straight out of the package. The towel was cut from the original bedspread and the rug is a snippet of woven ribbon.
In the nursery, I had to make more. The beds and bassinet were made from some of the punch outs from the windows. The little table between the chairs is the stool that came with the bathroom set. I added a little wood top.

4 comments:

JanuskieZ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kim said...

WOW!!!!!

Jo Raines said...

I can't believe all of the tiny details! Whew! I feel like a clumsy giant sometimes in 1:12th scale!

Jody

De said...

Thank you! Jody, I have that problem, too. That's why I was so nervous about working in the smaller scales.