Saturday, June 5, 2010

A few more details...





I made everything on the counter. The veggies are made from polymer clay, the lettuce is artificial snow dyed with glass paint. The colander was made from some scraps of sheet copper and the plates and bowls are made from milk carton seals. The pattern for the dinnerware is a real plate pattern featuring a map of New York City. I found the pattern online. The knife and forks were cut from pieces cut from a paper fastener.

The rest of the paper fasteners were used to create the towel hooks and toilet paper holder.

The little details make the apartment look like someone actually lives there. It's mostly complete but I'll probably add little things like perfume bottles on the back of the toilet and more dishes for the kitchen cabinets.

4 comments:

Thmini2 said...

WOW! Your house is turning out great!

dora said...

Oh!, wonderful. It is very real.
A Carmen hug

Kathi said...

Your apartment is great! Love that little stool. So cute. Thanks for the idea of using A Michael's hutch for the stove! I just might copy that, if you don't mind?
I love all of the details that you add to your mini scenes. You are so creative!

De said...

I don't mind if you copy my ideas, Kathi. I think the Michael's hutches work very well for a small kitchen. They aren't deep enough to be a truly scale appliance but small kitchens are always big enough for full scale size. The double door refrigerator is also a Michael's hutch.