Sunday, June 27, 2010

I love these baskets!

I made the smaller brown basket last night and the red and blue one today. The third one took less time so I'm improving. :) I hand cut the weavers on the first two baskets but I got out my little photo cutter for the third. That saved quite a bit of time. One of my favorite Longaberger baskets has two swinging handles similar to the stationary handles on these baskets. I'm thinking about how to make that work. I'll let you know if I figure it out.

6 comments:

Kathi said...

Wow. You've been busy! Love your baskets. I thought about using a tiny brad for the handles but I'm thinking they might be too big? Can't wait to see what you come up with! :D

Glenda said...

Oh, De, they're beautiful!! I love that they're not one colour all over.
Well done!!

Iris said...

You´re really talented to make baskets!

De said...

Thank you!

Glenda, my favorite life sized baskets are multicolored, too.

Iris, they are paper baskets made from a very good tutorial by Kris at 1 Inch Minis. See the previous post for the link.

Kikka N said...

Beautiful work!. So cute baskets!

Katie said...

I'm loving these baskets, too! And I've been using my paper cutter as well~ makes it a lot easier, doesn't it:)