Sunday, July 18, 2010

It's finished...for the first time anyway

I worked on this in little spurts throughout the day to finish the accessories. In this photo the dimensional gel I used for the TV screen is not yet dry so it's a little hazy.
My first little working session today was making all of the books on the shelves. I also added a clear finish to the floor and baseboard.
The next step was making the windows and drapes and adding artwork.
The last step was making the ceiling light, television, dvd player and video player and filling in the rest of the shelves with accessories.
The bedroom got art over the bed, a frame for the mirror, window and curtains, table lamp, and a tiny tray of perfumes for the vanity.

Now that I've made a two story corner box I know what I'll do differently next time. My floor warped a bit this time so none of the angles are quite right. But it was fun to do another half scale project. I didn't like quarter scale very much but I enjoy half scale almost as much as one inch. You can still put a lot of detail into half.

Oh, today was the baby shower and my friend was thrilled with the little nursery. She also liked the baby afghan I finished several weeks ago. She looks so good and so very pregnant. :)

10 comments:

Minnie Kitchen said...

your hard work definitely paid off! it's beautiful!

Deni said...

Oh De this is really lovely!
Fancy making everything!
Takes so much time but the end result is really fabulous!
Luv it!!!

De said...

Thank you!

PAKY said...

Is a great work, congratulations! and congratulations too for win the giveaway! greetings

Kim said...

De this is fantastic! I love the feeling of both rooms and all the little details just make everything pop! You are such a gifted mini artist!! I'm going to have to switch to half scale pretty soon- I'm running out of room :)

De said...

Thank you, Kim! What sweet comments!

Ara said...

They are both great rooms!! Love all the color choices!

De said...

Thank you, Ara!

Chris P's Minis and More said...

wonderful room box!! lots of cute details and two stories high!

De said...

Thank you!