Friday, September 3, 2010

Details

I spent hours filling tab slots with spackle, letting dry, sanding, and starting over. There will be a few more to do once the structure is complete but I made major progress. Late last night I put a final coat of paint on the exterior and then dry brushed over it to give a weathered wood effect to the saloon.
I cut sections out of some 1:1 sized embossed wallpaper to make "wood" panels on the upstairs stair rail...
...and the downstairs one as well. This one is accented with a bit of gold to match the slightly more luxe look downstairs.

I'm still sick and actually feeling a bit worse this morning. Yuck! I'll probably work on the saloon between naps today. My son is sick, too, and he was already dealing with a flare up of his chronic health problems. I'm glad I have the saloon to work on. That's been my bit of fun in an otherwise not so fun week.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

4 comments:

Ara said...

Love what you did with the embossed paper.... it looks so fancy! I hope you and your son start feeling better soon! -ara

Ascension said...

Te esta quedando francamente maravillosa.
Me encanta como has dejado el suelo y las paredes.
Espero que os recupereis pronto.
Pasa un feliz fin de semana.
besitos ascension

Kim said...

I love the embossing too- you are so clever De :) I can't wait to see what you decide to do with the doors...I hope you and your son feel better soon. It's so frustrating to want to work on something but your body does not agree :(

May said...

Cada paso nuevo que hces me gusta más.
Te esta quedando preciosa
Besitos, May