Thursday, September 23, 2010

The dreaded chairs have been conquered

But first, here's a photo of the nightstand table I made for the master bedroom. I used two sizes of wood circles, two buttons and a turned spindle. All painted it looks like carved wood.
Here's the chair to go with the desk. I started filling the desk last night. I still need some other accessories to go with the books and magazines.
And, finally, here are the dining chairs. For both chair styles I used sections of gingerbread to form the chair backs. These chairs are upholstered with a striped fabric with fruit. The rug also has fruit on it. All of the food and the plates were made by my friends, Gaye (of My Small Obsession) and Brenda.

I am definitely improving some skills while working on this house. Working with what I have while filling such a large house has made thinking outside the box a necessity. But that's the type of challenge I love. Thank you so much for all of your comments. I really enjoy reading your thoughts and ideas.

3 comments:

Kim Gillian said...

I like your chairs..and your bed side table turned out terrific..I really like it! Good Job!!
-KIM :)

Heather said...

I love that your making most of your own furniture. Everything is looking great. I'm trying to get more confidence to make some things. I will make me happy and my wallet happy!

Ascension said...

Que buen trabajo, me encanta como te queda.
Feliz fin de semana.
besitos ascension