Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Fireplace Swap & Boutique Ideas

I found these ornament frames today at Dollar General. I am going to use some of my mirrored poster board to make ornate mirrors for the boutique. I also have a name for the shop - Zegelien's Ladies Boutique. The larger retailers of that era all seemed to be named for someone. Zegelien is my MIL's maiden name. I just like the way it sounds, LOL.
I was recently involved in a fireplace swap in an online forum. I made the fireplace tools, bellows, ax and stack of logs for everyone. A few of the lovely things I received are shown here - the Victorian coal box looks wonderful in my Petite Dreams Victorian parlor.
Kate upgraded to this beautiful fireplace. Brenda made the fireplace and the overmantle (really intended to be a dummy board but I like it on the mantle.) She also made the clock. The log rack was made by Gaye and the pinecone topiary was made by Rosie. The turned jar on the mantle was made by Tom Saunders - that piece was the original inspiration for Kate's living room in Magnolia Way. Brenda, Gaye and Rosie all made more items than I've displayed here. Not all of them have a permanent home yet.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Zegelien es el nombre perfecto. Me encanta.
El reto del foro parece que ha sido muy fructifero. Me alegro que hayas recibido tantos complementos.
Besos Clara

Lady Jane said...

Wonderful find! Will make perfect mirrors, and I love the name for your boutique. mini blessings, L J