Friday, February 11, 2011

Shingles, shingles and more shingles

Did I mention shingles? There isn't much I like about doing shingles - except for looking at the finished roof, lol. These have now all been stained and are drying. At the top of the photo you can see the first coat of paint on the exterior pieces. The siding will be the green. The trim will be country tan and the post bases will be tan and gray stone.
The lower level interior walls have been painted. The kitchen will be "hope" yellow and the living room paint color is a custom mix of leaf green, hope yellow and antique white. The base coat is straight leaf green.
I used a sponge brush to give a plaster like texture to the paint.

Three pictures don't look like hours of work. The shingles took a very long time and the interior walls have 2-3 coats of paint.

I hope no one plans to eat at the dining room table for awhile, lol. I've taken over!

3 comments:

A. Wright said...

So many shingles, I may have nightmares! That is probably the worst part of any build. I'm not sure if it being half scales makes it easier or worse :0

By the way, thanks for clarifying the calico mini kit for me.

De said...

I'm not sure either,lol. I cheated on the first half scale I built and used printable asphalt shingles so I didn't have to deal with the individual ones. This house needs the real thing. :)

Mindy Max said...

Wow! That is a lot of shingles...LOL! But your way ahead of the me on getting them done. Your house is going to be very pretty! I love the colors you have picked out.

MMM