Saturday, March 12, 2011

Just a few details

First I worked on the recliners - I added tufting to the back and some stitched details to make the chairs look better. I also added family photos around the room. Then I made the lamp -there really is one very similar to this in the living room now. The tiered shade was easier than I expected - yay! I was nervous about how to make that work.

I also added the picture window to the dining room and made lace curtains for the dining room and kitchen windows.

The basement will probably be the next room to work on. I'm not looking forward to the concrete work in there. Hubby also said that you can see the floor joists of the story above. Not sure how to replicate that in such a low ceiling room. Lots to think about.

Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

dalesdreams said...

De, I love what you are doing with this wall house. What a great idea! :)

You work so quickly, I'm amazed. :)

I've always wanted to make lamp shades, don't tell me how, I want to struggle with it myself. I love the vintage look of it being two tiered. And, the hand stitching is right on board for the time period!

Marisa said...

those chairs are so cute!

Kim said...

I love that lampshade- I would actually put a lamp like that in my real life house! Wonderful De! What if you just did a printie type treatment of the floor joists on the ceiling? I mean...if you could find a picture that would work maybe- or you could draw it? I can't wait to see what you come up with :)