Thursday, October 6, 2011

It took two vehicles to get it there....

...but the library display is set up. This case is next to the front desk and you have to pass it to get to the books. The magazine in the front left of the case is an American Miniaturist article featuring some of my "unusual container" projects. The Potting Shed is a garden center in a watering can. Next is De's Diner in a vintage tin bread box. The argyle box is a vintage hat box - it holds Zegelien's store for ladies set in the 1940s. The vanity case holds a bride's bedroom on her wedding day.
Banner announcing National Dollhouse and Miniatures Month, the pioneer log cabin, and A Rose Among Thorns western saloon.
The castle is sitting on a low bookcase but it has a plexiglass front so is safe from little hands. The castle is the only thing that required repair work. One of the turrets broke off and the front door came loose. Nothing I couldn't repair with my emergency kit.
The big wall display case is filled with a few houses and several rooms. I took the very first house I ever did, 2 half scale houses and a quarter scale Victorian. The general store and NYC loft apartment are on the top right shelf.
This side has the back porch, beach cottage and several rooms. I took 2 trash to treasure type rooms with lists of miscellaneous items I used for sort of an interactive activity.

The librarians were very excited and both adults and children were stopping to look. I think it will be worth all the work. It's definitely exciting to see everything displayed like this.

14 comments:

Lataina said...

De, those are awesome displays! I'm sure many people will enjoy them. =)

Dale Fluty said...

WOOHOO!! What a great set up and everything looks wonderful. Great job and what an honor to be able to share your talent with everyone.

My Realitty said...

Lookin good! Especially charmed by the bread box diner! CM

Dark Squirrel Victoria said...

Wow De, that was a lot of work. I have displayed twice at our library taking only one house. Old and young alike love to see the doll houses. We always take a guest book for people to sign and comment on the displays. Your displays look Awesome!

Hugs,
Victoria

Drora's minimundo said...

What a rich display!! I am sure both children and adults will enjoy seeing it. This is an awarding experience for all the hard work and talent you invested.
Hugs

Blue Kitty Miniatures said...

You have done an amazing job. Very impressive. I'm sure a lot of people will come to realise what a wonderful hobby miniatures are when they see your display. Congratulations.

BTW - I had to smile, my verification for this post is Catical.

Kathi said...

Congratulations! Your displays are great! Wish I could come see them in person! :D

De said...

Thanks everyone!

The guest book is a great idea. I will have to look into that.

BK, catical made me smile. :)

Fabiola said...

WOW!! Congratulations!!
Bye Faby

Maria Ireland said...

Wow what a fantastic display. Congratulations on all the wonderful works.
Hugs Maria

April D said...

WONDERFUL!
You're getting to share all your sweet projects with so many people!
We had a miniaturist's displays at our library a year or so ago--it was SO much fun.
So happy for you!

De said...

Thank you all!

Kim said...

how exciting De- I wish I lived close enough to see it all in person. I bet your display will get a lot of oohhhs and aaahhhs while it is there.

Linda said...

This is very inspiring. I might have to contact my local library and see if they'd like some displays! I only have three dollhouses, but it might be worth asking. :-D