Saturday, February 18, 2012

Library Workshop

I'm not sure how the photos got in this order but this is the sample set for the Trash to Treasure workshop I'm doing at our local library in April. Participants will bring their own fabrics. The chairs were made from toilet paper tubes and cardboard scraps. The table is a cut down disposable cup with a cardboard top. I love the little "buttons" down the back of the chair.
Making the candle and plates will be part of the workshop, too. I will provide the wedding favor glasses. The plates are made from milk carton seals and mini wallpaper scraps. The candle is scrap paper rolled around the end of a toothpick and the holder is an eyelet.
The chair ruffle is going to be optional. The whole chair is covered with a tailored cover before adding the ruffle. I want to give some options for people who might want a sleeker style. I'm considering adding a salad made from artificial snowflake lettuce and drinking straw onion rings in a button bowl. I may just make those up to give to everyone.

5 comments:

Drora's minimundo said...

I love your trash to treasure project. I'm sure the participants will love it.
Hugs

Mini Minnie said...

It all looks so lovely. You'd never guess it was made from recyled stuff.

Thanks for the tip about the glasses :) I'm off now to scour ebay for wedding favours, hehehe.

Kathi said...

I need some chairs for my next project. I just might try your idea. I'm sure everyone will have fun making these things at your class. :D

Marisa said...

oh how wonderful, you should do a tutorial! *hint hint*


Hugs
Marisa :)

Kim said...

oh how fun De! Your library is lucky to have you doing this- I kind of wish I lived in your town!