Sunday, April 8, 2012

Dollar Store Swap

I recently participated in a dollar store swap. The only requirement was that each item had some part purchased from any dollar store. I chose Dollar Tree. My supplies were: party favor trophy cups, measuring spoons, plastic fern and a pink plastic desk and chair set.
These are the finished items. The trophy became a stone planter for the fern. The desk and chair set got a shabby chic finish and the measuring spoons became nested mixing bowls. (I got that idea from one of your blogs. I'm sorry that I don't remember which one. Please comment here and give yourself credit. :) )

The items I received were far more creative than mine were. Some of them were a mini garden, a cake decorating prep board, an ironing board, a basket of laundry, petite fours from pencil erasers, a shabby chic chair, a round dining table, a fruit bowl and a chandelier (from a ping pong ball half.)

5 comments:

Jazzi said...

Love it De! Great idea about using measuring spoons as nested mixing bowls...I agree whoever said that put your hand up!

Audra said...

Love it! Very creative

Kathi said...

How fun! I like your trophy planter. The mixing bowls are brilliant! Petit fours from pencil erasers??? Photo please??? :D

Drora's minimundo said...

I am sure your minis can easily compete with all the other dollar stores minis.
Very good and creative ideas here.
Hugs

Maria Ireland said...

Fantastic ideas you have. I love the trophy planter. Wonderful idea with the spoons.
Hugs Maria