Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Quick time minis

 I haven't had much time to play but last night I did a couple of really quick projects.The back porch landscaping got some new floral bushes - 2 pink and a blue. I found some small floral picks at a garage sale. The clusters of flowers are shaped like mini bushes so I had to use them, right? I trimmed the pink ones so that they would fit in the narrow bed around the porch but I like the extra color they add.
The little girl doll was in the round robin swap box wearing just a pair of panties. I trimmed her hair (although there's a rewigging in her future because that is not a natural hair color, lol.) Then I dressed her in one of the dresses from the dolls I used for the elves in the toy shop. It was just a plain thing that begged to be dressed up. I added bits of paper doily trim and gave her a pair of shoes from the same source.She's carrying a basket of donuts because her mom owns the bakeshop and every morning the surrounding business owners get a free sample. Yum!

Well, I am off to church for worship service practice. Have a great evening/day wherever you are!

6 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

Love the addition of the plants in the first picture. Did you make or buy the red chairs on the porch? I'd like to do some like them.
Mary Ellen

Mini Addictions said...

The flowers look great. I love the little girl; she is just adorable funky hair color & all. I must admit that I may have had a similar shade in the late eighties when "Sun-In" first arrived at the local drug store lol. :)

De said...

Thank you, Mary Ellen. I made the red chairs. I cut the back and seat in one piece from craft metal and then used a ball stylus to emboss the design on the back.

LOL, Lisa. I've had a few "interesting" shades of hair over the years,too. Just not as an 8 yr old. ;)

Drora's minimundo said...

I love the porch scene, especially the chairs which are stunning. I also love the little doll with her adorable dress. Great work!
Hugs, Drora

Fabiola said...

I like the first picture. The little garden is so cute.
Greetings, Faby

Mary Ellen said...

Thank you for the info. on the chairs. I may try that at some point.
Mary Ellen