Saturday, September 7, 2013

A helping hand

 I had a  lot of tomatoes to deal with today but Elvis was on it and ready to help. I made him a personalized apron and his own wooden spoon. He used Kate's stove and borrowed the canner from my zibbet shop.

This is how his canner compares to my full size one.
I had both red and yellow tomatoes so I made sauce in both colors. Usually I mix the two but I thought the yellow would be really pretty in chicken or turkey based soups.

Elvis was a lot of help and now we are both tired...canning is hard work!

Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend! :-)


5 comments:

PILAR6373 said...

Que buen trabajo habéis hecho Elvis y tu!!! Y que rico ese tomate!!!!!!
Besos.

Drora's minimundo said...

Great post. I love Elvis. Canning is hard work but fun with this cute helper.
Hugs, Drora

carmen said...

que bueno!

Véronique said...

Looking good! Love the yellow sauce! Elvis looks rather dapper in his apron and I do love his canner!

Véronique

Marisa said...

I love the yellow sauce, I hope elvis was able to can his too :)

Hugs
Marisa