Saturday, August 2, 2014

It's a date!

 My wonderful husband and I had a date today. We explored some of our favorite antique/vintage shops and had dinner. One of my finds was this two door console table. I don't know if it will fit under the stairs but that's my hope.
 I also found fabric for the master bedroom. The "sort of toile like" floral fabric and the sheet fabric were purchased today. I made the upholstered headboard from balsa and fun foam and tufted it. The bed itself is two layers of styrofoam. I am a bit disappointed in the layout of the bedroom. There is no good place for a double bed. This is the best option and I have blocked the French doors. I may turn the doors into a large arched window or leave them as doors that open out so they are still usable from the back side of the bed. In either case, I plan to make full length drapes that hang to the sides of the doors.
 Here's a closer view of the tufting and the different fabrics I used.
An overall view - my current plan is to make the ceiling beamed since I have all that upward space. Too bad I can't convert a bit of that to usable wall and floor space. ;-)

7 comments:

Lucille said...

I love the bed and the fabric you used for it!

Sam said...

It sounds like you and your husband had a fun time on your date.
The new bedding looks really comfy and cosy. Great job with the upholstered headboard. I also love the wallpaper you have used in the bedroom.

De said...

Thank you, ladies!

Isabelle, we did have fun. It had been awhile since we'd taken time for just us. :-)

Giac said...

Hello De,
I'm glad you had fun on your date night. The house is really coming along...love that fabric.
Big hug,
Giac

Ara said...

Love the bed!! What a cheery room!!! -Ara

De said...

Thank you! I just started back to work today (elementary school instructional assistant) so my project will be slowed down. Boo. But I'm leaving it in the living room so I can work on little bits as I do have time.

Margaret said...

Hi De, Just a thought, you could place the bed in front of the large arched window and make the curtains look like bed curtains too, all coordinating?