Sunday, January 24, 2016

Creative repurposing

 I used 4 small desiccant canisters to make enamel canisters with stainless steel lids. Both colors are nail polish. The "pyrex" were made from white measuring spoons. I cut the handles off, sanded the rims and bottoms, and painted them with nail polish.

 Here are the canisters in place.
 The bowls on the counter....
I sanded off the pie top and turned it in to a bowl of soapy water. I will have touch up painting to do once the glue is dry but I am much happier. I have a beautifully scaled apple pie made by my friend, Brenda, that will look much better in this kitchen. Brenda also made the apples in the bowl on the counter.

My next project this evening will be lamps for the bedside tables in the master bedroom. I'll be back tomorrow with updates.

3 comments:

Susan@minicrochetmad said...

Loving this kitchen!

PILAR6373 said...

Te han quedado muy bonitos y decorativos!!!
Besos.

De said...

Thank you, ladies!