Thursday, June 2, 2016

A new project... finally !

 A friend gave me a little shadow box house that she found at a garage sale or thrift shop. Each "room" had some sort of wooden figure. I removed all of those and started turning it into a quarter scale house.
 The windows were made from the webbing that was on the back of the tiles I used in the conservatory. Never throw anything away! That would explain why my craft room often looks like a cyclone hit, lol.
Most of the wallpapers were printed from various internet sites. The blue floral paper was leftover from the French country house.  Somehow it works for both scales. The tiny room on the top right will be the bathroom. I got a good start on the shower. Since the last photo I've added brick to the exterior. I am still debating whether or not to shingle the roof.

Next up will be furniture. I am hoping to make it all with stuff I have on hand. Hubby is recuperating after surgery last Friday and I don't want to go out anymore than necessary.

I hope you're having a wonderful week!

1 comment:

Giac said...

Hello De,
Great job! I especially love your idea for the windows. I can't wait to see more.
Big hug